Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I begin My Personal Statement??
Okay i'm in the middle of writing my personal statment  but my main problem is the first line of the statement, i just don't know what to put!
I firstly started with the subjects that i was taking but then was told not to, then i said that i was interested in xxxx subject but felt that i was then relapsing on myself futher into the personal statement can anyone give me a good sentence to start off with or the right direction on beginning the statment
Thanxs
You probably want to start with something relating to the subject you're taking at uni. It's good to make it obvious what subject you're applying for as soon as possible, and also explain your reasons for taking it.

People often write things like "I've always been facinated with the world around me, so natural sciences was the obvious choice..." or "Ever since I was young, Medicine has always appealed to me because..." Though these arn't great examples as they don't get across the writers passion and enthusiasm. Check out some example statements using our sticky link above for some better examples.
okay thanks can i ask you would this be a good first sentence 'Since being at secondary school I’ve always found that ICT was my most succesful subject to me' this would be great if you could review this and tell me if it any good thanks!
From your sentance it tell me, the only reason you want to do ICT is because your good at it.

I would include more on what you like about ICT!

I know what you mean about writing the first line, I found writing my first paragraph the hardest of all.

I would polish up the rest of the personal statement and come back to the first line and think again. It worked more me.

All the best.
I would say the best way to start is to have a sentence explaining why you think ICT is important to the world, then why you're interested.

I just wrote mine (for Business) and I found some samples on ebay which were really useful, just to give me a guide of what was expected. Only cost a fiver - bargain. I think if you seaarch personal statements you find them, if they're still there,,
hi im doin a btec nd in computing in my final year. which course wud be best to study at uni?

thanx