Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I've screwed up
My PS ran too long, so I cut parts out and wrote in very small handwriting - only to find out that UCAS reduces them to half their size. :o

Do the universities get a larger version of the PS or have I screwed up? Sad
Universities recieve an A4 version of the A3 sheet your fill in - which is about half the size.

If you're worried then write a short letter to each of your universities explaining the mix up (am I right in thinking your an international applicant? if so they're more likely not to mind as unlike UK applicants you wont be helped with the form by your teachers) and attaching an A4 version of your PS just in case it isn't legible (it may well be - they're high resolution copies so it's possible even with small writing your statment isn't too bad once reduced).

Wait until you get your confirmation through from UCAS with your UCAS number and include your UCAS number the course code and the course title that you've applied for at that university on each letter and send it directly to the "Admissions Office" at the main university address for each uni and it should get through with no problems and be attached to your file/UCAS form to be considered alongside the original form.

Smile
Thank you so much. Smile

I'm sending in a typed version with my supplemental Ox form, and I'll do the same for other unis when I'm sending my transcript.

Are you sure they show leniency toward international applicants? I feel like I've done a million things wrong and I don't want the universities to think I'm an idiot.
They show a certain amount of leniancy towards non-uk applicants, specifically with the UCAS form itself (it's specifically designed for the UK education system - as you'll have noticed when trying to add in your qualifications) and for applicants for whom english isn't their first language (they wont put up with complete nonsense but they do take into account that english isn't the easiest language to perfect when it comes to grammar etc).

UK applicants generally have a fair amount of support in completing their UCAS form - usually along the lines of a few dedicated lessons to how to fill it in and help completing their PS...the majority of reference writers will check over the rest of the form for any mistakes too. And bear in mind that most schools will have at least a couple of people EACH year applying through UCAS...even in small schools this means people involved with 16-18 yr old students will build up a quite extensive year on year knowledge of how the whole thing works.

The fact that you've noticed your potential mistake and have taken the initiative to do what you can to rectify it will more than make up for making that mistake in the first place.