Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What not to write in your medicine personal statement
The US based medicine applications site medfools.com has a list of the top copied lines in medicine personal statements. Their collection includes things like:

"My diverse life experiences have helped strengthen the determination, resilience, mental focus, and compassion required to succeed as a valuable asset within a medical team."

and

"Medicine appeals to me as a humanistic, challenging field that offers an opportunity to help people in the most vital aspect of their lives and their health."

along with a few more. You can see the full list on their site.

I know it can be difficult to think what to write, but plagiarism isn't the answer. If someone writes something which catches your eye and you decided to copy it, chances are it caught the admissions tutor's eye as well and they'll remember if if they see it again.

If you are a looking for some inspiration, medfools.com have plenty of other medicine based statements and there's plenty on studential.com.
Writing any personal statement...is a hard thing.

Believe me I've gone through doing it twice.

My advise will be that not to worry too much about the first sentance and work on the rest. It doesnt matter if you do you first sentance last. I did that.

I've wrote medical personal statement and have been successful in receiving university places.

It is good to read other people personal statement to get a feel of what to write, but copyings isnt the way to go.

Good luck everyone.