Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I mention why I never went to uni straight from school?
I'm 23 now and in the process of writting my PS, i decided against going to Uni when I left school and worked for 4+ years.

I'm uncertain whether to mention that I didn't go with an intelligent sounding reason, or just to ignore the fact all together??

Suggestions?

Al Smile
Quote:I'm 23 now and in the process of writting my PS, i decided against going to Uni when I left school and worked for 4+ years.

I'm uncertain whether to mention that I didn't go with an intelligent sounding reason, or just to ignore the fact all together??

Suggestions?

Al Smile
i didnt i just mentioned my relevent work exp and how i arrived at the the conclusion uni,and the course was right for me , uni isnt right for everyone at the at the same time its not a black mark against you if you dont enter at the 'normal' age
I realised I had gained experience and practical skills to use in my life and the career I set out to achieve before I got distracted.
I learnt not to accept things on face value and that I had to work hard to reach my goals. I loved working in this fun, happy environment and I loved meeting new people everyday but there were no career development opportunities, my redundancy made me hit upon 'a moment of clarity' an epiphany in my life were I decided I was going to start over and achieve the career I've always dreamt of doing.

This is what i used in my statement when i applied for uni, I start in October, you don't need to tell them much in your statement as they will ask you that at interview anyway. You just need to show that you have the passion and drive needed to complete the course.

What course are you hoping to do?

Effie
I'm currently trying to write my PS, i'm 27 and an living in australia but would really like to study in the UK. Plus i attended uni from 1999-2000 but found it wasnt the right time for me and so left...how do i write my ps without me sounding like a drop out????