Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BMBS.. Red Cross... BTEC Course... Gap year vs. Age... Advice anyone?
Hi there benjamin,

You have a very similar case to me, but im not a mature student yet so i'll be taking graduate entry most likely. I've looked at universities that are most likely to take on students like me and you and what i do know is, University Of Leicester and I think Southampton and Bristol accept BTEC students, but only students with Full Distinctions, so unless you have distinctions, regardless of other grades, you might not likely get an interview. As for work experience, This comes usually second to grades and doesn't usually make up for missed out grades, but does increase your chances against students who have the grades, (you must have the grades too). Seeing as your a mature applicant, some universities are more considerate to mature applicants because of their life experience. My advice to you would be, make sure your GCSE's are grade C average and you have Distinctions overall in your BTEC and consider applying at University of Leicester and some other universities which take on BTEC's. Also try retaking your GCSE's and take one or two AS levels if you can, because universities want to know if you can cope with exams, this is why BTEC's aren't usually aaccepted and aren't as academically rigorous as A Levels. Some universities such as Manchester and Leeds take on HND/HNC students so you might want to consider doing a HND or HNC in a medical field, then taking entry to medicine. I'd say you've done enough work experience and i think you should concentrate more on studies now. I hope this helps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BMBS.. Red Cross... BTEC Course... Gap year vs. Age... Advice anyone? - by Amin1992 - 27/09/2010, 11:02 AM