Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with history personal statement
I am currently really struggling with my history personal statement. I am trying to write a good first paragraph but seem only to be able to come up with boring cliches - the problem is that for me the cliche of loving history as a child is true. anyway i stumbled upon this website/messageboard and hoped someone would be able to help

this is what ive got so far (i know its really bad but just dont know where to go)

'History captivated me as a child and I read many works of historical and mythological fiction, becoming intrigued in the different worlds offered to me. I wanted to investigate these worlds, to learn and understand more and further fuelled this with visits to landmarks such as Hadrian’s Wall and Stonehenge. I still have that enthusiasm and as I have grown older, I now recognise how these past times have had a profound impact not just on my own childhood interest and enjoyment but also the world as it is today. This and the motivation I have gained from GCSE and A level History have confirmed to me that I want to take my study to degree level.'

also, my statement altogether is far too long, does anyone have advice on what they felt was best to cut out or how they did it? im thinking a thesaurus but i just dont know if it would cut enough out. but writing aobut work experience extra thingsa, hobbies and interests and employment and things you do in school sems to take up a huge amount of space

thanks for your help

Carmel

Messages In This Thread
Help with history personal statement - by Guest - 08/09/2006, 04:31 PM
RE: Help with history personal statement - by Guest - 09/09/2006, 05:35 PM
RE: Help with history personal statement - by Guest - 09/09/2006, 05:54 PM
RE: Help with history personal statement - by Guest - 17/09/2006, 05:24 PM